Friday 22 February 2008

Friday On My Mind


Friday nights, eh? Ye cannae beat 'em. Especially if you're off for three days the following week and don't return to work until Thursday. Braw!

So why am I at home on a Friday evening when I should be down the pub toasting my extended work free period? I suppose part of the reason is that I spent most of last Friday evening in the company of Gary the Hibby who regaled me with tales of football flair (although much of it was fantasy)



Perhaps this is the way society is going. You work your bollocks off Monday to Friday and on Friday night there is the urge to lighten up with a few half pint shandies. When you don't and head straight home you feel you may be missing something.
So it was a Chinese takeaway in the company of daughter Michaela (who didn't have a particularly good day) and a couple of cans of Belhaven Best before watching a dvd of The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin. I didn't get where I am today without watching a dvd of The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin! (if you never watched it you won't get that!)








No comments:

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...