Saturday 3 May 2008

Happy Birthday Jack the Lad



It's my grandson Jack's 3rd birthday. So it's a very Happy Birthday to the wee scamp.

I thought about putting a photo of the wee fella on this post but thought better of it. It's a sad reflection of the world we live in today that there are unscrupulous people out there who wouldn't think twice about using photographs of children - even those as young as Jack - for immoral purposes. Sickening but, sadly, a reality. So, instead, there's a photo of Zippy from the children's television programme Rainbow from the 1970s/80s.

Rainbow was a favourite of Jack's mum, Laura, twenty years ago. I was having a rummage in the loft a few weeks back and came across an old VHS tape of the show. I dusted it down and now Jack's hooked, just like his mum two decades ago. His granny has even baked him a birthday cake which is meant to look like Zippy but actually looks more like Al Jolson...

Jack has brought so much happiness into our lives and is the apple of his Papa's eye. I may be toiling with Man Flu (see previous post) but I'll struggle out of my sick bed to go round and see the little tike later.

And, no doubt, infect the rest of the family.






2 comments:

Littleacornman said...

Best wishes to the wee man.Ahh Rainbow eh.Worth checking out "adult rainbow" on youtube.I don't remember it being like that...

1st Lady said...

Would you believe I actually have a zippy on the top of my bedroom dresser.. bought him at a yard sale here in Virginia a few years ago (and I dont think the programme was ever played over here).

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...