Friday 20 February 2009

Sexes Sin in Different Ways

Women are prouder than men, but men are more lustful, according to a Vatican report which states that the two sexes sin differently. A Catholic survey found that the most common sin for women was pride, while for men, the urge for food was only surpassed by the urge for sex.

The report was based on a study of confessions carried out by Fr Roberto Busa, a 95-year-old Jesuit scholar. The Pope's personal theologian backed up the report in the Vatican newspaper.

"Men and women sin in different ways," Msgr Wojciech Giertych, theologian to the papal household, wrote in L'Osservatore Romano. "When you look at vices from the point of view of the difficulties they create you find that men experiment in a different way from women."

From the BBC News website

Now I find surveys like these intriguing. Hang on, I fancy some of that left over pasta from earlier....

Sorry, where was I? Yes, surveys like these where apparently men's urge for food is only surpassed by the need for sex. Jeezo, would you look at that woman on the television?! That's enough to make your eyes water...Anyway, I offered a friend of mine a few pounds today as I knew she was a bit strapped for cash until pay day. But would she take it? Nah, she'd rather struggle all weekend and not go out.

I say, there's another woman on the telly leaving nothing to the imagination. Good God! I didn't know you could do that...

Some surveys and research leave me dumbfounded. But they get publicity all the same and it leads me to think that perhaps I'm in the wrong job. I'm tempted to head for Edinburgh's Princes Street tomorrow armed with a clipboard and ask people if they feel slightly irritated by the never-ending roadworks in Edinburgh, all in the name of trams. That pasta was delicious, by the way - I wonder if there are any crisps left...

Fr Busa's next piece of research apparently indicates that the Pope has Catholic leanings and bears defecate in the woods...

2 comments:

June said...

I wonder how long it took him to do the research...I'm sure it was at least 60 or 70 years - and being backed up by the Vatican like people wouldn't believe it unless the Vatican backed it up? Time well spent...I do have to admit that I would rather do it myself than have any help - I'm working on that. BUT there are times when food and sex are more important to me than my pride. I guess there is an exception to every rule...

Adullamite said...

Women and men sin differently! Now who would have thought - seeing as they are different!

The best study was a three year one conducted by a US University. They came to the conclusion that children fare better if brought up with 'One make and one female parent!'

Who would have thought......

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...