Friday 27 March 2009

Antiques Roadshow

THE crowds at the Antiques Roadshow filming at Edinburgh's Hopetoun House reminds a reader of The Herald newspaper of when the BBC show appeared in Glasgow, and a local went along with a large metal box and told the expert:

"It's been in the loft for over 60 years, we reckon, so we thought it must be some kind of family heirloom."

"Is your house insured?" asked the expert.

"Why? Do you think we should?" the Glaswegian asked.

"Probably. Because that's your hot water boiler,"



From The Herald

1 comment:

Lilly said...

Ha ha ha ha. I am so addicted to that show seriously. If I was there I would have gone for a look. I love it when someone pulls out some dusty old thing that great Aunt Gloria gave them which she inherited from her grandmother and they find the ugly thing that has been stuck in the back of a cupboard is worth thousands of pounds. Thats what I keep telling myself. The older you become the more your worth increases (shut up I did not ask for your opinion....). Thanks for the joke will pass this onto my Dad, he loves the show as well, says it makes him feel at home amongst all those old things.

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...