Sunday 17 May 2009

Happy Birthday Laura Smith


My elder, darling daughter is 23 years old today. She has given me so much pleasure in life - well, until she was about 15 when she turned into the devil incarnate...(only kidding, dear)

I can remember the day she was born as if it were yesterday. Her mother spent 15 hours in labour - starting at bloody midnight...Of course, she had the easy bit, it was me, like most expectant fathers, who suffered the most (as I'm sure Lilly, Strawberry Girl, Claire and Lady Muck will agree...)

Now Laura has two children of her own, the adorable Jack and Hannah. Although I'm not so sure wee Hannah isn't the child of the devil...

Have a good day, dear. I'll be round to see you later. Once the football has finished...

1 comment:

June said...

I hope she had a very happy birthday. Also hope it didn't bring up too many unpleasant memories for you thinking about her labour...

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...