Sunday 14 June 2009

No Kidding...


I saw this rather stylish image in this week's issue of the Radio Times under the Lifestyle section. It's an advertisement for cotton chino suits made by a clothing company called Peter Christian.

This delightful image is from the company's website.

However they have thought it necessary to add a disclaimer at the foot of their advert in the Radio Times.

Car not included.

If you look at page 138 of the magazine you will see I'm not kidding.

I can hardly contain my disappointment...

7 comments:

June said...

The scary thing to think about, probably when this advert first came out, are the people that must have called to either ask if the car is included or complain that the car wasn't included. sheeez. Hey wait a minute, it said the car was not included, but how about the man? hmmmm, I'll have to go pick me up one of those.

Strawberry Girl said...

Well then... ya' know that they have to put disclaimers on coffee (to tell you that it's hot), they have to tell you that knifes are sharp, that plastic fruit should not be eaten...

Actually what struck me about this advert. is how cheesy the suit is!! I mean come on what era are we in anyway. ;D

Unknown said...

I feel your pain.

Joanna Jenkins said...

So I take it that means the man in the suit isn't included either. Damn!

Adullamite said...

I asked for the car!

Aleta said...

At first glance, I thought, "Gee, a male model for a car advertisement - nice!" Then I read your post and laughed.

Lilly said...

Its because we are so used to seeing good looking people sprawled over cars in order to sell more of them. I take it the suits arent as big a winner as the car may be.

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...