Sunday 11 October 2009

Thank You For Being a Friend...

Are you tired of those weak 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality? Here are a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship. You will see no cute little smiley faces here - this is a Scottish blog after all. Just the stone cold truth of a great friendship..

1. When you are sad -- I will help you get pissed and plot revenge against the bastard who made you sad.

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know you are thinking of something that I would probably want to be involved in.

4. When you are scared -- I will take the piss out of you every chance I get until you're NOT.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you stories about how much worse it could be until YOU STOP WHINING!

6. When you are confused -- I will try to use only little words.

7. When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall, I will laugh at you, you clumsy arse, but I'll help you up.

9. This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask;
Because you are my friend.

Send this to ten of your closest friends - then get depressed because you can only think of four... .

5 comments:

Joanna Jenkins said...

7. When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

I am so with you on that one!!!!

Hope your weekend is good so far.

Adullamite said...

Four friends.....?

miruspeg said...

I have read this one many years ago Mike and loved reading it again....always makes me laugh out loud!

Here is another one:
"An old friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a dead body." ~ Jim Hayes

Cheers to you me Scottish mate!
:)
Peg

Anonymous said...

'a friend expects the piss to be mercilessly taken out of him when his team gets beat... and expects the same back....

Dons to win on Saturday then?

it's been rather underwhelming for AFC and HMFC so far,eh.

The season starts now.......

Mike Smith said...

You're right, Ken. Having lived in the Granite City many years ago the Aberdeen-Hearts fixture used to be one I never missed. Now, I no longer care. Sadly, Hearts are no longer the club I grew up with. As for Saturday I'd stick a tenner on a home win...

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...