Sunday 22 November 2009

It Will Never Stand Up...

The present swine flu pandemic is a concern for many. My pregnant daughter Laura recently contracted it but seems to have recovered. I suspected I caught it as well although it was never confirmed - but I'm over the worst now. However, here's my real concern.

Three years ago, it was the Chinese calendar year of the cow - and there was an outbreak of Mad Cow disease.

Two years ago, it was the Chinese calendar year of the bird - and Avian flu was rife.

This year, it was the Chinese calendar year of the pig . . . and from being little heard of six months ago there is now a Swine flu pandemic.

Next year is the Chinese calendar year of the cock . . . anybody else worried?

7 comments:

Joanna Jenkins said...

OMG! That is hysterical. I'm gong to hope for the best on that one Mike.

Glad you and Laura are on the mend! When is the baby due??

miruspeg said...

Mike, Mike, Mike....you are such a funny guy.....I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that no pandemic breaks out next year. :P

Anonymous said...

*chuckle*

I don't think there actually is a 'year of the bird' though

Mike Smith said...

Ach, I ken, Ken! But the gag doesn't work the same!

Auld Baw Face said...

Good gag mike.

1st Lady said...

Nope! No concerns here.

xxx said...

Too funny... but in fact I think it may be the year of the ox right now ;)

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...