Thursday 21 January 2010

Winter, Spring, Summer and...


Tonight, while ordering my groceries on-line from Sainsbury's, among the twenty five million special offers on display was one for....hot cross buns. Ten days away from the end of January and already hot cross buns are on sale. I wonder what the sell-by date is...

Earlier this evening, I received an email from Travelodge advising me, nay, urging me to book a room 'while the summer sale is still on. Book now to avoid disappointment'
Flicking through the mediocrity that is the Freeview television channels I saw, briefly, the Ideal World Home Shopping Channel. It occurred to me, given the above, that in less than a fortnight we'll be five months away from their infamous Countdown to Christmas 'specials' which start in July.

It's not just me is it? Tell me it isn't so...

6 comments:

Adullamite said...

Little Easter eggs were on the shelves in our Somerfield before Christmas!

Joanna Jenkins said...

You have me laughing out loud Mike. I am so with you on this one.

Have a great weekend.
jj

Unknown said...

Sorry, it's just you. I do hear that Adullamite has the inside track on some really nice summer homes if you and the misses are looking for a quiet getaway, however.

Bill Lisleman said...

hot cross buns - ok I'm not a brit so is this a seasonal thing? I'm guessing Easter? Good thing Guiness is not JUST for St. Patrick's day (or breakfast) anymore.
Really liked your comment on fifty factor about grandkids - completely agree - sometimes too much of good thing.

Lilly said...

Ha ha Mike, I was int he supermarket myself today and took a photo of the hot cross buns to put on my blog. It's horrific and we consumers fall for it every time. Made me laugh - missed you and your witty posts. Great photo by the way - looks oh so cold..

Mike Smith said...

Welcome lisleman - haste ye back!

And great to hear from you again Lilly - I was worried you had disappeared!

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...