Saturday 18 May 2013

The Joys of May


The merry month of May is often seen as the best time of the year. Slightly warmer temperatures - even in Scotland - lighter nights and the anticipation of summer just around the corner (not that we've had any decent summers in recent years)

For the Auld Reekie Ranter, May has brought several notable occasions in my life. For example:

17 May 1986 - my first daughter Laura was born (and a very happy birthday for yesterday, dear!)

16 May 1998 - Hearts win the Scottish Cup, their first piece of major silverware in 36 long years.

3 May 2005 - my first grandchild Jack was born

13 May 2006 - Hearts win the Scottish Cup again

11 May 2010 - my grand-daughter Ava was born

19 May 2012  - Hearts win the Scottish Cup again - hammering city neighbours Hibernian 5-1 in the never-to-be-forgotten final

17 May 2013 - On the day of Laura's 27th birthday, I received my Decree of Divorce from Edinburgh Sheriff Court, bringing to an end nearly 31 years of marriage. I am now a free man and my life has taken on a new meaning.

Yes, May is often seen as the best time of the year...

No comments:

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...