Sunday 19 June 2011

What You Won't Hear on Father's Day



Things you'll never hear a dad say.

10. Well, how about that? I'm lost! Looks like we'll have to stop and ask for directions.

9. You know Pumpkin, now that you're thirteen, you'll be ready for unchaperoned car dates. Won't that be fun?

8. I noticed that all your friends have a certain hostile attitude. I like that.

7. Here's a credit card and the keys to my new car....

6. What do you mean you want to play football? Figure skating's not good enough for you, son?

5. Your mother and I are going away for the weekend. You might want to consider throwing a party.

4. Well, I don't know what's wrong with your car.  Just have it towed to a mechanic and agree to whatever he asks - I'll pay the bill.

3. No son of mine is going to live under this roof without an earring. Now quit your belly-aching, and let's go to the shopping mall.

2. What do you want to go and get a job for? I make plenty of money for you to spend.

1. What do I want for my birthday? Aahh  don't worry about that. It's no big deal....

Thanks to my very good friend Peggy for these!

1 comment:

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi Mike, Do you celebrate Father's Day lik ehere in the US??? If so, hope it was a good one.
Love these jokes-- the "throw a party" one made me laugh out loud!
Have a great week. jj

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...