Sunday 20 March 2016

Open For Business




About two years ago I was off work as a result of a stress-related condition. It was a difficult time but it made me take stock of my life. As part of my treatment I attended counselling. This seemed such a power of good that I decided I would change my career from the sometimes bureaucratic world of human resources and train to become a counsellor myself. 
The first year of the three year course was hypnotherapy. Although, like many people, I was aware of hypnotists I considered them as stage acts, putting people to sleep and getting them to do things they weren't aware of. Hypnotherapy isn't like that.
Hypnotherapy is a skilled verbal communication, used during hypnosis, which helps direct a client’s imagination in such a way as to bring about intended alterations in sensations, perceptions, feelings, thoughts and behaviour. In a typical hypnotherapy session, the hypnotherapist will ask the client questions about previous medical history, general health and lifestyle. The hypnotherapist and client will decide together on the changes or goals that are desired. 
Hypnotherapy can be applied to a wide range of medical, dental and psychological problems. Areas of application include anxiety and stress conditions, weight control, addictive behaviours (including smoking, alcohol and substance misuse) and confidence issues. It is also used to enhance performance in several areas such as sport and public speaking. 
With the benefits of clinical hypnosis becoming clearer, it's no wonder there has been a massive growth in hypnotherapy training during the last ten years. 
There's no doubt it is fast becoming a popular career choice for those who want to work in a role where they help others to stop smoking, lose weight, overcome fears and phobias and more.
I completed my hypnotherapy qualification at the end of 2015 and set up my private practice in Edinburgh in 2016. Having now received my Diploma in Hypnotherapy (see above) I'm now open for business. 
My new venture is called MGS. This stands for Mind Generating Success – and MGS is also my initials (see what I did there?) My aim to be one of the leading hypnotherapists and counsellors in east central Scotland with a reputation for being professional, trustworthy, reliable and accessible.  
Now I'm a fully qualified hypnotherapist I am a member of the National Hypnotherapy Society.  
So, if you are someone who sets New Year resolutions every year to either lose some weight, stop smoking, cut back on alcohol – but find your willpower evaporates after a few weeks – or have a phobia or an issue you feel is holding you back, contact me to arrange an appointment.
Mike Smith Cert Hyp CS. 
tel: 0752 135 3787 (24 hours)
email: mike.smith@mgs-hypnotherapy-services.co.uk  
twitter: @smith_mgs 07521353787

After an initial consultation, we can decide together the best way to enable you to achieve your goals. Bookings being taken now - book early to avoid disappointment!

1 comment:

miruspeg said...

Woo-hoo Mike! Huge congrats my friend. May MGS be a huge success.
Big heart hugs
Peggy xxxx

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...