Thursday 21 August 2008

Worst Group - An Apology


Not from me - from them. First Bus has apologised to its passengers for a "significant number" of delays caused by roadworks. The company said the problems were being caused by an extensive programme of roadworks. All First services from East Lothian, Midlothian, West Lothian, the Borders and Queensferry are affected, they said.

Here's the bit that made me laugh:
"Therefore, it is important that we advise our passengers that they may need to alter their travel arrangements to take account of the impact these external factors are having on our ability to deliver the regular, fast and efficient services our customers expect - and deserve."

Here's my message to Sir Moir Lockhead - I already have altered my travel arrangements. I now use Lothian Buses instead.

3 comments:

Angry Steve said...

What scunners me is I get the train to the 'ferry, and if the trains are not running, the only other sensible option is the bus... The 43, also run by First.

And clearly my season ticket from the train is of no use on the bus...

It makes me angry.

Anonymous said...

Man, I thought the transit systems here in the States were run by dim twits. What advice will come next? Drink a four-shot espresso and jog?

Interesting blog you have here. Keep up the good work.

1st Lady said...

I think I've become not a trainspotter but a lothianspotter, Im a little worried about how many photos of Lothian buses I took this summer....

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...