Sunday 14 February 2021

Float On, Baby

 


Cancer - and my name is Larry.....Mmm... take my hand

Come with me, baby, to Love Land

Let me show you how sweet it could be 

Sharing loving with me

On Valentines Day, the present Mrs Smith and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. I say celebrated but we were stuck in the house thanks to lockdown meaning most places are closed. Flicking through the interminable number of trash tv channels, we stumbled across Now 70s which was dedicated to cheesy love songs, many of which I've tried to forget for the last 45-50 years.

One such song was Float On by, er, The Floaters. Part of the lyrics of this cheesefest are above. No, please, don't leave yet, I haven't finished. Being an old romantic - well, old anyway - I dedicated this song to my beloved but personalised the lyrics.

Pisces - and my name is Mikey....Mmm... take my hand (but mind my arthritis) 

Come with me, baby, to Pound Land

Let me show you how sweet it could be - just take your purse with you baby



Who said romance was dead?
                                                               

                                 

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...