Saturday 18 May 2019

Two of a Kind

Yesterday saw daughter number one celebrate her 33rd birthday. It doesn't seem that nearly a third of a century has passed since I packed a case for my wife at the time, all ready for the day she was due to give birth, in order she could rush straight to Aberdeen's Maternity Hospital.

On that morning, back in 1986, I awoke my wife and asked if she was okay. She replied she felt absolutely fine.

Would she mind if I went to the Aberdeen-Hearts game that day? Of course not she smiled.

She wasn't smiling 12 hours later when I returned home. I omitted to say the game wasn't being played in Aberdeen. As it was the Scottish Cup final it was in Glasgow - 140 miles away...

But daughter Laura did her bit to save my skin my delaying her entrance to the world by a full week. So, there was no harm done...

Laura now has four children of her own. The oldest, Jack is 14 years old. The youngest, Daniel is just 7 months old. As you might detect from the photos below, there is an uncanny resemblance...



Jack 2005
Daniel 2019


4 comments:

miruspeg said...

Gorgeous photos of Jack and Daniel.
I bet Jack loves his little brother to bits.
All the best mate.
Peggy xxxx

Mike Smith said...

He does indeed, Peggy - he's very protective. Hope you are well.

Mike Smith said...

Baby Daniel takes after me - no hair, no teeth and drools a lot...

Adullamite said...

Sounds possible...

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...