Tuesday 26 May 2009

Ye Cannae Make This Up - Part Two

It hasn't been the best of days -returning to work after a week off, I feel like I need another break! On returning home, cream-crackered, ready to collapse into a chair and looking for my old consoling mate Jack Daniels, I had to check the date while opening my mail. For, among the plethora of junk and election leaflets (do the Tories and the bloody BNP seriously think I'm going to vote for either of them?) was a catalogue. With a huge picture of Santa Claus beaming out from the cover with a snow-covered background.

Yes, some company called 24studio clearly believe we should be thinking about Christmas when we haven't even reached the end of May yet. The Christmas Book 2009 screamed from the cover that 'everything was half-price'.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you what it is that's half-price as I've thrown it in the bin. And for the tree-huggers out there, that's the recycling box before you accuse me of destroying the planet.

Is it me????

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You should have sent it to Adullamite. He needs something to look forward to.

Joanna Jenkins said...

I feel your pain. Today-- May 26th, the first Halloween Decoration & Costume store opened in our neighborhood. It's a giant warehouse filled with Halloween junk. When I picked my 12 year old godson up from school, it was the first thing out of his mouth-- Can we go, can we go, can we go?

Let's just say at the moment he's not too happy with me. I refuse to step foot in the store until at least September and that's only to get his costume before they're all sold out by October 1st.

And of course Christmas decorations will be in department stores before Halloween!

Ugh

June said...

I know, it drives me crazzzy!! A lot of the stores here in the States have started this Christmas in July thing. They do Christmas displays in July and have sales to get you ready for Christmas. Just something else to get people to spend their money. Like Hallmark Cards keeps making up new and different holidays or celebration days, I think last week it was Happy Construction worker day, so buy a card for your favorite construction worker...sheeeez.

BondBloke said...

I am assuming that this was for Christmas 2010, or ius that being just too cynical :) It jkust beats me how that shop on The Royal Mile can make Christmas last all year round...

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...