Thursday 4 June 2009

Stop the World...

...I want to get off.

Apparently Big Brother is about to begin once again on Channel Four in the UK. No sooner does Britain's Got (nae) Talent draw to its tedious conclusion than another daily dosage of tedious television begins with a bunch of extrovert chancers bearing their ignorant souls to the nation. They call it reality television but, in reality, it is really televisual diarrhoea.

Many youngsters will love it, of course, but for many of my age it's more evidence of the decline of television which used to inform, educate and entertain. Yet huge crowds will gather outside 'the house', millions of people will watch the 'housemates' wandering aimlessly round 'the house' before spending the cost of a small mortgage telephoning Channel Four to get one of them 'evicted'. As if that wasn't enough, there's live coverage on E4 during the night so you can watch and hear the more uncouth 'housemates' scratch and fart in bed under the duvet.

Damn it, there's not even any football to go to now it's the close season. I may disappear to a darkened room until August...

6 comments:

Wrick said...

Sometimes I wonder if the remembrances of TV being far superior in my youth are coloured by sentimentality or selective memory, but the advent of a new series of Big Brother makes me believe that it certainly WAS better. Maybe not quite as good as I remember, admittedly, but far superior to the unequivocal dross, vile material currently seeping from the open sore that Channel 4 has become.

Not that the other channels are much better.

I'm not a big fan of reality TV. Or soaps, right enough, but compare to reality TV they're all magic. Except Hollyoaks, of course.

Sheesh. I got worked up there. I'm away to have a wee lie doon. I wonder what's oan the telly......?

Strawberry Girl said...

LOLOL completely true and insane!!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Reality tv is the WORST. And it seems as if that's all that's on television anymore! It's cheap to produce and totally idiot proof I'm afraid. We call it the boob tube!

Unknown said...

Could you not use your teleporter to go somewhere more entertaining?

Adullamite said...

It's at times like this I understand the Americans support for 'Th right to bear arms' as I have found a use for a 'Vickers Machine Gun.'

Lilly said...

I watched it the first time and never again. I would prefer to watch paint dry or watch a game of football. And that is saying something.

Back to School 2022

  A wee bit late with this but the little people have returned to school for another term. Except some of them aren't little any more. A...